Ultralight Quick Fit Crampons
- Outdoor running, trekking
- Quick fit and excellent adherence to the shoe thanks to the hi-tech elastomer.
- Ideal for ice, mud and slippery surfaces thanks to the steel tips system
- Front crampons with the “flex” system to prevent the accumulation of snow and ice
- Steel hoop on the shoe’s tip for excellent stability
- Compact case made of technical and functional material
- All-round micro crampon that can be worn on hiking shoes but also on trail running shoes
NORDIC – ULTRALIGHT quick fit crampons
Quick fit crampons made by an elastomer interconnected to a tread stainless steel structure under the shoes realized through a combination of chain elements, connectors and crampon plate. The crampons allow you to move in perfect safety on the snow, ice and low adherence surface (mud undergrowth, foliage, etc.).
the crampons are available in 3 sizes, for shoes from 35 to 48 (US 31/2 – 13):
Designed and tested to meet the needs of light mountaineering and outdoor running. Thanks to the three crampons plates guarantees always a perfect control on ice and hard snow. Also suitable for running training on dry, wet or muddy grassland, and for outdoor winter running. Excellent for outdoor running, light mountaineering and trekking.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES
- All metal components in stainless steel. Heat treated crampon plates to a greater mechanical resistance. Nevertheless, due to the stainless steel’s high carbon content, light superficial oxidation/rust’s traces may appears.
- Hi-tech silicon elastomer tested up to – 60 °C for a quick a comfortable fit and perfect positioning of the light crampon.
- 21 steel 8 mm long crampon’s spikes for excellent stability, perfect grip and walking-running comfort. Twisted stainless steel chain to improve the grip and to assure reliability and special connections “eight shape” (pat.pend.) that prevent the release of the rivets from the elastomer even in the toughest conditions.
- The shape of the plates at opposite ends improves stability and ride comfort even with light shoes.
- Extremely light: thanks to the quality of the materials the weight of the pair of crampons is only 290 grams (size M).
- Compact case made of technical and functional material with plastic hook to hang up the case on the backpack. Two different pockets to keep separate crampons and avoid to loss time in the fit.
The crampons or micro crampons (micro crampons) are anti-slip devices for footwear. They are distinguished from the classic crampons mainly by their reduced weight and overall dimensions and by their ease of fit. The micro-crampons were not developed for climbing but for the safety of walking in all situations where stability is endangered by a slippery surface due to snow, ice, mud, wet grass, etc.
The micro-crampons consist of a lower part (entirely metal or partly metal and partly plastic), in contact between the sole of the shoe and the ground, which performs the anti-slip function and from an upper part, in elastic material, which holds positioned the micro crampon on the shoe.
A pair of micro crampons generally weighs from 450 grams for hiking and winter trekking models, to only 180 grams for models for winter trail and vertical running competitions.
The micro crampons, in the various declinations of the model, therefore lend themselves to various uses: from hiking to outdoor work activities; from running in a winter environment or slippery terrain to Nordic walking; to walk or walk safely in the city when ice or snow is present.
They are therefore useful for walking and running on ice, on snow, on wet grassy soils, on soft, muddy or slippery soils. They are not suitable for particularly hard, stony or stone-covered soils, as there is a risk of slipping on these surfaces.
How it fits
Before each use it is necessary to visually check that the micro-crampons are not damaged and therefore that their functionality is guaranteed (all parts, metallic and not, must be intact and free from cracks); if damage to the metal elements or to the elastic is visible, the product must no longer be used.
Before use, make sure that you have correctly fitted the micro-crampons and you need to carry out a test to check that they are effective in relation to the terrain you want to tackle.
For a correct, satisfactory and long-lasting use of the product, it is important to make sure that the micro crampon is of a size suitable for the shoe (see page 5) on which it will be used and that the positioning of the micro crampon itself on the shoe takes place correctly: l The elastic must never come into contact with the sole of the shoe and all the components of the micro crampon must be subjected to a light and uniform tension.
Guide to choosing the size
L = shoe length
C = shoe circumference at ¼ of the shoe length from the tip
There are no reviews yet.